Thou canst not then be false to any man. (Shakespeare)
People of Praise Community
A person who comes underway agrees to live the life of the community and to be formed in its ways. An underway member makes the following commitments:
- To attend regularly the weekly meeting of the community.
- To attend the basic teaching courses of the community: CFS I, CFS II, Authority and Obediance Talks, Servant School, Covenant Talks and others as may be added.
- To contribute at least 5% of your gross income to support the life and work of the community.
- To participate in a men's or women's group.
- If you are single and have not made a good state in life decision, to pray through your state in life, with the community's guidance, and to refrain from dating until you do so.
- To participate in a community service -- normally four hours a week.
- To have your children participate in youth activities.
- To be headed, at least in the above seven areas. The coordinators assign a person his or her head. In the case of a married couple, the husband is the head of his wife.
These commitments represent some basic elements of our life together. In response to the Lord, we are endeavoring to freely put our lives in common more and more.
What have I gotten myself into? :)