Skip to main content

She's gone for another 2 years

So Rebecca left on Tuesday to begin her trek towards The Gambia. This is her second stint with the Peace Corps, her first was in Namibia, Africa. She will be sorely missed! I'm hoping to sometime visit her, maybe to use my first chunk of vacation days that I get, to make a trip there, or else later. I'm very jealous of her experiences there, but we all have the work we feel we're called to. Someday I will either learn to live with that yearning, or I'll have succumbed to it and be there!

Popular posts from this blog

Five Months Ago

This day five months ago my life underwent a tremendous transition. I embarked on a new journey with Cathy. Her home became my home, and mine hers. We vowed to join together in this life as an act of faith in the kingdom of God here today. These five months have been filled with a combination of new roller coaster rides and the delicate hidden changes that happen inside a cocoon. Hallelujah! Praise God for his goodness and the life he gives us to be his new creation!

our Ford Explorer saga

Two weeks ago, Cathy & I drove up Greenlawn Ave heading toward my house, and when we took the left turn onto Cedar, I accelerated out of the turn in hope of fishtailing a little bit on the snow before straightening out, which I enjoy and feel like a race car driver when I do it. This time, instead of straightening out, my Explorer continued to rotate and turn on the ice, eventually sliding perpendicular to path of the road. We were slowing down, but not enough to avoid hopping the curb and giving a tree a little tap. It didn't sound too bad, but when I got out and looked, I saw a bumper bent in, headlights on one side cracked open, and the impact bending a side fender, contorting the wheel well. My heart dropped a little bit, I grimaced, and asked myself and Cathy why I had decided to do that. Approaching the holidays and the wedding, we did not need any new complications. We had a full day planned, so I put it out of my mind and decided I would get a quote on the repairs ...